A Poet Knows When

Right up against me

before sleep

after waking

I carry carcass




it taps me on the shoulder

I lug it from room to room

it tells me the Vedic line

the when I will join carcass earth




when the meteorite lands

on its feet

it drags me like

repulsive lovers can




declaring undying

alarm buzz

it thrusts its cunt at me

I kiss its bare bone breasts




it's ten it says

set the wake up

for then, the port

of entry in ten years




And when I arise

without bladder organs

with calcified face

torso tilted with rattle coin




I latch on to the next

keeler. The one for me

who wakes and sleeps

in dread in a canoe called bed.


Comments

Janette DADD said…
Blake image used. Is this about struggling with your demons, the carcass of memory and misdeeds? In the canoe of bed the waters lap around me, making me feel unsteady and drenching me with their desires.

Popular Posts