Autoparapsycholinguistics in the Morning

Long ungainly words might be used but not yet

So I'm ok in myself once 
I've achieved reasonableness


I start thinking about my behaviour
Around others

What would I prefer to be in that
Context? I don't want to be nice

Nice is vapid and a name of a
Biscuit but I'll grant that it's nice

To be nice. I don't want to be decent
Because it precludes indecency

Which when done well is fun.
I don't want to be appropriate.

That shit sounds like a
Haughty directive from

Private school teachers.
And politicians also use that word.

I mentioned reasonable but it
Seems always unexciting.

I don't want to be pleasant.
Don't get me wrong

I'm the first to love pleasure
Snout in trough

But pleasant sounds like
A cup of tea with your aunt

Which *is*pleasant but
But tannins and propriety

Is only a minutiae of social
Relations. And do you want

An all encompassing term?
I do. I want a really big virtue

Made of marble because
I like convenience

And I don't want a liturgy
Of acts that will be lauded

Really humbly or intensely
Examined by my aunt.

I toyed with proper
And it wells up in my

An insularity yet I
Like the curtness and courtesy.

I want that positive term because
Being a grump though honest

Also sux ass. I didn't say that
Or please forgive me

As this shit is a process.
I don't want an attribute

That is not comportment.
I can't think of one yet.

And I might have to ask you.
That's the social thing to do.

And don't second guess just yet
I don't want social because

Society can be unwell
As all the great souls whisper

Sometimes. And it's also a redundancy
To say that one is to be social

In society. It's not so much a mantra 
As an easy one word to work to

Lovingkindness is awesome but
People who do that

I think have the grandiosity of wannabe
Saints who keep telling you

How spiritual they are and how you too 
Can and must be like them.

It's getting a little complex now
I think nice will do for the moment

Unless there's a really great
Facilitator of autoparapsycholinguistics.






Popular Posts