To Cut a Pair of Scissors - flash fiction

I don't know if the scissors broke when the bird then sang.

Abelito was seated on the chair. His wealthy grandfather called for the magic woman of the area to cast a spell - to bestow a charmed life on Abel.

Under the chair was an open pair of scissors.

I don't know if those scissors broke. I think so. I like thinking so too.

Abelito had a ruinous life. He stopped talking about himself at least as early as his children were born. Sleeping under bridges, a monstrously mad girlfriend, his left-behind book collection. Beyond that it was eruptions about rude military victories of the 19th century. It's the volcano''s way. The volcano also seeps all over the highway.

I can't say for sure if the scissors broke.

My scissors broke. I like to think that Abelito's scissors, which I like to think were broken, broke my scissors.




Popular Posts