ReReturn

When you return
you're like a different identity
different landmarks
of unannounced discoveries.

you are potent with journeys
with love, names written in
concrete, solitary nights
where you could have smashed
all your belongings

and like a door way opening
onto the street I have a certain
facticity about me that
passers-by note and nod to
a throughway - in or out
most divide by this clique.
some catch the conduit of
primary drift

some place, some window,
some afternoon, some consistent error,
perhaps with a floral joy, you will
grab me without me knowing and say
"you're still the same" and i decline
to comment, to under the horizon
of conference just so I realise I'm the same,
relapsing in proof, my inhalation and vision
gone to manifold blood

i am happy that we can tell the direction
of sandstone walls, of traffic, of stupid events
dans la rue, but when we hug goodbye
i think it will be years or never. that's
the revolving regret.


Popular Posts