My Mind

My mind is cloud shadow
hovering over the hemispheres

bells lacustrine
oblique deltas

what I cannot catch
but can perceive

is thus the complementarity.
the fish swims

the bird perches.
the bird flies

the fish stays.
My sideways arc

plots the bird diving
for the purpose of

moving the roam.
The fish glides by air
and the bird lingers underwater

The fish perches
and the bird swims.

Feathers fluff from my mouth
and my skin is sheer silver.

I am perhaps every animal
my brain holds

I am every animal dream
my mind can follow

I've been amphibian, damp
with forgetting and lust

reptilian bruxism
mammalian unity

hominid groupings
and human clockwork

grasping cognizance
thought and thinking

about thought
the expressivity of sync

and error, the wash
of a day's laze where

my mind is lake
cloud shadow

oblique delta
I dreamt I forgot

and could recall the story
and remember the lapse when awake

trauma is so close to dream
in linguistic family trees.

Trees that hold nesting fish
and drying birds.


 

Popular Posts